Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Fright Night

Weekly Pondering:

This Friday is Fright Night. My school's first SGA Dance. I won't be going since it's my partner who gets to do all the overtime, but hey, I get to keep my Friday nights to myself. Most of my kids want me to show up. For some reason they think seeing me in a dress would be awesome.

I'm having quite the hard time keeping a balance between caring for these kids and being professional. It's a very fine line. They want me to be their friend so badly but at the same time I have to be the authority. I'm young and I don't feel all the much older than these kids. In recent news, I've had to fight the children when it comes to them calling me by my first name. I've got kids who call me Maggie, Rosie and Mrs. John Wall. But I refuse to let them call me by my real first name. When they ask me why, I say it's because it implies a personal relationship that isn't there. I am Security first, friend second. Forever and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment