Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Start of a New Adventure

Hello!

So, I've started a new job as school security at a middle school. I thought I would share my adventures with you as a way to stay sane. It's been a week and a half and already I know I need to put my thoughts down somewhere or else. It is also a great way to share the interesting things that go on in my life as security without having to recount my stories repeatedly. Here's something interesting that has happened so far:
  • A bunch of eighth graders asked me if I was Bi-curious...I was a little shocked at that one. I didn't even know what bi-curious, or any of that was in the Eighth grade...seriously...kids are knowing things at such a young age nowadays.

So far, I've had to take 3 kids to the office today, spent nearly the whole day talking to kids who were acting up and because of the beautiful weather, the kids were rambunctious in lunch today. Phew, what a job. But I'm loving it.
--------------------------------
Update: 7:55PM

So, wow...already an update. But I needed to add what happened after I wrote this post.

I was working crosswalk duty outside, several HS students from the local HS came to "pick up" their girlfriends and siblings. Several of them were students I had never seen before. The bell rings and they head to the door. Guess what? A Fight breaks out. Yup...YAY for my second week!

But I guess this is part of the job right? Silly teenagers think they're big and bad and need no rules, so they act out. Oh well...BTW...not the same thing as the previous targeting and fight.

It must be the full moon, because as far as I can tell, this usually doesn't happen, so they tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment